Follow Me

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

My Favorite Youtube Families to watch

Let's be honest with ourselves. Most of us enjoy some reality TV every now and again. The unfortunate thing is that a majority of reality shows are no more real than the boobs, face and ass of reality whore Heidi Montag. Who is that you ask? Good she's not relevant anymore. 
Anyways, I discovered some actually really interesting content on Youtube quite a few years back. Vlogs. A video blog. For the older folks, it is somebody that carries a camera around with them and records their lives then uploads it to Youtube. The best reality TV and with no commercials. 
I used to watch about 5-6 different vloggers but now that I had Inga I tend to gravitate more towards family related vlogs. 
Here are some of my favorite Youtube families that do a daily vlog. 

1. SacconeJolys
This is probably one of my current favorite families to watch. They are a young married couple from Cork, Ireland and they do daily vlogs. There is Anna, Jonathan, their daughter Emilia, and their 6 maltese dogs. Yes I said 6. I started watching them when Anna was still pregnant with Emilia and they became quite a bit more popular when they vlogged her birth. Now Emilia is 16 months old and they are pregnant again at around 30 weeks. I find them entertaining to watch because they are genuinely sweet and goofy folks and it is also interesting to see the norms of raising a child in a different country. The downside to the couple is the comments. Talk about buzz killingtons. Apparently this couple is very polarizing to some and they are even a huge topic on a terrible website called Guru Gossiper. This website is mainly a bunch of younger to middle-aged women that basically bash people they don't like and call it gossip. Seems like "cyber-bullying" to me. If I didn't like somebody or thought they were disgusting humans on this planet, do you think I am going to waste my time watching their vlog? Apparently these lovely ladies do. If you want to watch them, I suggest to not even look in the comments because it can be pretty depressing. Don't try to stick up for the couple either and just enjoy them for what they are. 

2. ItsJudysLife
This is another young couple that are based on the Seattle, Washington area. Judy's family is from the Philippines and Benji's family is partially from Japan. I really enjoy watching them because they are just so cute together and they try to live a fairly crunchy lifestyle. They have really taken to heart the idea of a daily vlog and they will not edit their lives to make it seem perfect. They have their trials and tribulations like we all do and they are not afraid to hide it. Judy has a VERY successful beauty channel called ItsJudyTime and she just started vlogging as a side project. They have a daughter Julianna about the same age as Emilia and she is just a peanut. Judy is also currently pregnant with twin girls and they are due around the same time as Anna from the SacconeJolys. One thing I enjoy with this vlog is the integration of their families. Judy has such a HUGE family and they are always hanging out and spending time together. Benji is a foodie and is always talking about food. Sometimes a bit more than I care for and that says a lot since I love talking about food too. Benji is a bit polarizing as well and people tend to love him or hate him. I catch myself occasionally skipping his parts and moving forward. It's not that I don't like him, he just has a confidence about him I find grating at times..(flexing on the camera....or being the organic Nazi he is). 
If you want to see a fun family and see the family practically double in a short while, I would give them a chance. 

Here is an honorable mentions of a vlog that I will randomly watch:

Shaytards
I used to watch this family every single day. They are a huge Mormon family from Idaho and they are probably the most carefree personalities ever. They have 5 children now and they are both so in love with each other it is crazy. The unfortunate thing as a viewer is that Shay , the father, became such a huge success that they moved to LA (like so many other Youtubers do) and now the dynamic has changed a bit. They used to do things with their family and now they have so many Youtube channels it's kind of ridiculous. They have like 4 channels with just them but the mom, Colette, is on her own channel and on a Mommysview channel. It kind of takes away the authenticity of what people started watching them for. If you are looking for a fun occasional vlog I would check them out. Shay is just crazy and I wish I could be as care free about life as they are.

Vlogs are meant to just be entertaining and fun. Some people take way too much stock in somebody else's life that might live across the world. Do you get emotionally involved with the Kardashians when you watch KUWTK? Oh shutup, you know you watch it. 

What are some of the different vlogs that you like to watch? Comment below so I can add some new ones to my list. 

No comments:

Post a Comment